- Anderson KL, O'Neill DG, Brodbelt DC, Church DB, Meeson RL, Sargan D, Summers JF, Zulch H & Collins LM. 2018. Prevalence, duration and risk factors for appendicular arthritis in a UK dog population under primary veterinary care. Nature Scientific Reports 8: 5641.
- Carroll G, Boyle L, Hanlon A, Palmer M, Collins L, Griffin K, Armstrong D & O’Connell N. 2018. Identifying physiological measures of lifetime welfare status in pigs: exploring the usefulness of haptoglobin, C-reactive protein and hair cortisol sampled at the time of slaughter. Irish Veterinary Journal 71: 8.
- Stevens K, Asher L, Griffin K, Friel M, O'Connell NE & Collins LM. 2017. A comparison of inferential analysis methods for multilevel studies: Implications for drawing conclusions in animal welfare science. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 197: 101-111.
- Reaney SJ, Zulch H, Mills D, Gardner S & Collins LM. 2017. Emotional affect and the occurrence of owner reported health problems in the domestic dog. Applied Animal Behaviour Science doi:10.1016/japplanim.2017.06.011 (preprint available online July 3rd 2017).
- McKillen J, Hogg K, Lagan P, Ball C, Doherty S, Reid N, Collins L, Dick JTA. 2017. Detection of a novel gammaherpesvirus (genus Rhadinovirus) in wild muntjac deer in Northern Ireland. Archives of Virology doi:10.1007/s00705-017-3254-z
- Part C, Edwards P, Hajat S & Collins LM. 2016. Health and welfare conditions in broiler chickens: Prevalence and associations with weather in a temperate climate. Royal Society Open Science 3, 160197.
- Asher L, Friel M, Griffin K & Collins LM. 2016. Mood and personality determine information processing biases. Biology Letters 12, 2016042.
- Friel M, Kunc HJ, Griffin K, Asher L & Collins LM. 2016. Acoustic signaling reflects personality in a social mammal. Royal Society Open Science 3, 160178.4.
- Collins LM. 2016. The behavioural biology of chickens. By Christine J. Nicol. Wallingford, U.K.: CABI (2015). Invited book review. Animal Behaviour 117, 1-2.
- Mendl M, Bennett R, Collins L, Davies A, Flecknell P, Green L, Hurst J, Lawrence A, Statham P & Turnbull J. 2016. Enhancing collaboration in the UK animal welfare research community. The Veterinary Record 178:138-139.
- Whitehead ML, Wilkinson A, Burman O, Collins LM & Hoehfurtner T. 2016. Reptile survey. The Veterinary Record 178: 124.
- Métras R, Porphyre T, Pfeiffer DU, Kemp A, Thompson PN, Collins LM* & White RG*. 2015. Risk factors associated with Rift Valley Fever incidence in South Africa between 2008-2011. Nature Scientific Reports. 5: 9492 *equal last author as shared supervision.
- Kiddie J & Collins LM. 2015. Identifying centre level factors that may be associated with Quality of Life in kennelled dogs. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 167: 43-55.
- Kiddie J & Collins LM. 2014. Development and validation of a quality of life assessment tool for use in kennelled dogs. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 158: 57-68.2.
- Part, C.E., Kiddie, J.L., Hayes, W.A., Mills, D.S., Neville, R.F., Morton, D.B. & Collins, LM. 2014. Physiological, physical and behavioural changes in dogs (Canis familiaris) when kennelled: Testing the validity of stress parameters. Physiology & Behavior 133, 260-271.
- Collins LM, Warnock ND, Tosh DG, McInnes C, Everest D, Montgomery WI, Scantlebury M, Marks N, Dick JTA and Reid N. 2014. Squirrelpox Virus: Assessing Prevalence, Transmission and Environmental Degradation. PLoS One 9(2): e89521
- Ijichi C, Collins LM & Elwood R. 2013. Pain expression is linked to personality in horses.Animal Behaviour. 152:38-43.
- Collins LM. 2013. Assessing the assessors of quality of life. The Veterinary Journal (Guest Editorial) 197: 531-532.3.
- Asher L, Collins LM, Pfeiffer DU & Nicol CJ. 2013. Flocking for food or flockmates?Applied Animal Behaviour Science 147: 94-103.
- Métras R, Baguelin M, Edmunds WJ, Pfeiffer DU, Thompson PN, Collins LM* & White RG*. 2013. Transmission potential of Rift Valley fever virus over the course of the 2010 epidemic in South Africa. Emerging Infectious Diseases 19: 916-924. * equal last author as shared supervision.
- Ijichi C, Collins LM & Elwood RW. 2013. Evidence for the role of personality in stereotypy predisposition. Animal Behaviour 85: 1145-1151.
- Collins LM & Part C. 2013. Modelling farm animal welfare. Animals 3: 416-441.7.
- Ijichi C., Collins LM, Creighton E & Elwood RW. 2013. Harnessing the power of personality assessment: subjective assessment predicts behaviour in horses. Behavioural Processes 96: 47-52
- Abeyesinghe S, Drewe J, Asher L, Wathes C & Collins LM. 2013. Do hens have friends?Applied Animal Behaviour Science 143: 61-66.
- Métras R, Porphyre T, Pfeiffer DU, Kemp A, Thompson PN, Collins LM* & White RG* 2012. Exploratory space-time analyses of Rift Valley fever in South Africa in 2008-2011. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 6(8):e1808.* equal last author as shared supervision.
- Everest DJ, Griffin J, Warnock ND, Collins LM, Dick J, Reid N, Scantlebury M, Marks N & Montgomery I. 2012. Adenovirus particles from a wild red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) from Northern Ireland. Veterinary Record 170; 188.
- Collins LM. 2012. Welfare risk assessment: the benefits and common pitfalls. Animal Welfare 21(S1), 72-79.
- Asher L & Collins LM. 2012. Assessing synchrony in groups: Are you measuring what you think you’re measuring? Applied Animal Behaviour Science 138,162-169.4.
- Bettley C, Cardwell J, Collins LM & Asher L 2012. A review of scientific literature on inherited disorders in domestic horse breeds. Animal Welfare 21:59-64.
- Collins LM, Asher L, Summers JF & McGreevy PM. 2011. Getting priorities straight: Risk assessment and decision making in the improvement of inherited disorders in pedigree dogs. The Veterinary Journal 189:147-154.
- Hayes WA, Mills DS, Neville RF, Kiddie J & Collins LM. 2011. Determination of the molar extinction coefficient for the ferric reducing/antioxidant power assay. Analytical Biochemistry 416:202-205.
- Collins LM, Asher L, Pfeiffer DU, Browne W & Nicol CJ. 2011. Clustering and synchrony in laying hens: the effects of environmental resources on social dynamics. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 129:43-53.4.
- Métras R, Collins LM, White RG, Alonso S, Chevalier V, Thuranira-McKeever C, Pfeiffer DU. 2011. Rift Valley Fever Epidemiology, Surveillance, and Control: What Have Models Contributed? Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases. 11(6): 761-771.
- Collins LM, Asher L, Diesel G, Summers JF & McGreevy P. 2010. Welfare epidemiology as a tool to assessing the impact of inherited defects in pedigree dogs. Animal Welfare 19:67-75.
- Summers JF, Asher L, Diesel G, McGreevy P & Collins LM. 2010. Breeding to standard: inherited defects in pedigree dogs. Part II: Inherited disorders. The Veterinary Journal 183:39-45.
- Asher L, Diesel G, Summers JF, McGreevy P & Collins LM. 2009. Breeding to standard: inherited defects in pedigree dogs. Part I: Conformational disorders. The Veterinary Journal 182:402-411.
- Asher L, Collins LM, Ortiz-Pelaez A, Pfeiffer DU & Nicol CJ 2009. Recent advances in the analysis of behavioural organisation and interpretation as indicators of animal welfare. Journal of the Royal Society: Interface 6:1103-1119.
- Collins LM. 2008. Non-intrusive tracking of commercial broiler chickens in situ at different stocking densities. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 112:94-105.
- Collins LM & Sumpter D. 2007. The feeding dynamics of broiler chickens. Journal of the Royal Society: Interface 4:65-72.
- Collins LM. 2007. Compassionate Shopping. In: Encyclopedia of Animal Behaviour (ed. Bekoff, M.).
- Li PJ, Rahman A, Brooke PDM & Collins LM. 2007. Asia. (Chapter 11 in: Long Distance Transport and Welfare of Farm Animals (ed: Appleby, M.).